Thursday, February 2, 2012

Name of the Wind

So, a little bit over a year ago, my coworker lent me her copy of this book to read:


And me being the flitting-around, dabbling reader that I am, I read a few chapters and got distracted by George R. R. Martin's series and several other books.

BUT NOW I am reading Name of the Wind! And you know what the other awesome thing is? It will not only fulfill my books for my To-Do List, but it's got Pagan themes, including spell work and magic, supernatural creatures, etc so it counts for the Reading Challenge!

And you know, now that I've picked it back up, I love it. It's got characters that are fleshy and multi-dimensional, even only a fifth of the way through the way of the book. The language and style the author uses are delightful and at times truly heartwrenching. This is the story of Kvothe, a mysterious man with a wealth of power, as he tells it to a Chronicler who wanders into Kvothe, disguised as an innkeeper. It really is intriguing so far, and I highly recommend it. More to come when I finish it!!

Also, I'm gonna try and do two posts today for the Pagan Blog Project, both 'B' topics. They should be good. It will be awesome. And then I'll be all caught up for Friday, to start on the 'C' topics!


Peace,
<3 Sapphirescent <3

No comments:

Post a Comment