Friday, June 8, 2012

L is for Love

Hi. I'm Larry. The Love Chipmunk. Brr. I'm cold. I need some lovin'.


Love. When you boil right down to it, it's what everyone wants.
Love. There's something about it.
Love. It's all around us, floating and flowing and surrounding and cradling each of us, even when we can't feel it.
Love. Sure, it's all around us, and yet we all want more of it, and the more we give of it, the more there is in the entire Universe for all of us.

I was always very leery of 'love spells' throughout my first few years as a pagan. People who cast love spells seemed to me like they were either A. casting them to attract someone in particular, which just has bad idea written all over it, or B. using it as an excuse to not go out and socialize and actually DO things that would truly allow them to FIND love.

As I go on with my life, however, I'm starting to realize that however you ask for love, whether it's specific or generic or avoiding some other situation, the universe answers you. And maybe it doesn't answer you in the way that you think, but it does answer you and provide you with what you need.

For example, maybe you cast a love spell to attract a mate. The universe maybe gets your request for romantic love but sees that what you need more right now is the compassionate, unconditional love that a pet companion provides and you find a dog or cat that connects that well with you. Or maybe the universe senses that you need companionship-love more, and so it sends you an excellent friend.

Or maybe even when you send your wish for love out into the universe, maybe love is all the same deep down beneath it all, and the universe can't differentiate, it just sends us love. Then, maybe the form that it sends us love in determines how we humans categorize that love. The Universe sent me a bunny, so I interpret this bunny's love as pet love. The Universe sent my mother to visit me, so I interpret her love as a mother's love. Maybe love is all just the same and other circumstances determine how we view that love. Such as Love+Attraction = romantic love. Love+Time Spent+Similar Interests = friendship. Eh? Maybe? Just an idea.

Anyway, so it would be fun to come up with a ritual and/or energy working that holds three purposes: gratitude for the love we have in our lives, a gift of love out into the universe, and  an expression of joy and hope, and invitation for all the love that is to come in the future. It could be done by yourself, with a loved one, or maybe even in a group. How powerful would that be??!!

Always Love,
<3 Sapphire Orchid <3

No comments:

Post a Comment